Elderberry Syrup vs Gummies
If you are unable to consume elderberry directly, there are several other ways you can do so through supplements. However, the real problem is deciding on which form of supplement to take in order to be fully benefited from it. We are here to make things simpler for you to choose with a brief guide about two main supplement forms of elderberry i.e. syrup and gummies. We will also discuss about the elderberry syrup vs gummies.
So let’s get into it. Give this a read and make a choice as per your preference.
What is Elderberry
For over a hundred years now people have been using elderberries for several health-related benefits. Being an immunity booster, it is also known to help in fighting flu and cold. The fruit should be cooked before consumption. So here are the two main forms in which it is usually consumed.
If you are thinking about taking it in liquid form, here are some pros and cons of this form that you need to know about prior to consumption:
- It is slightly less processed so it can be considered close to the natural form and you can receive more nutrients in this way. If you want a more natural form of elderberry, this is the one.
- You can even make this form at home. Simply get the juice from the fruit and you will have the syrup form. it makes it rather inexpensive because you just need the fruit for it.
- If you don’t want to take it just like that, add it into some other form of drink like juice to make it easier to consume. Add it to any other food and void! You will start enjoying consuming it.
- To change a bit of the natural flavor of elderberries, a greater chunk of sugar might be added so there can be some extra sugar consumption.
- It is not easy to carry it everywhere you go. Keeping a liquid form in your bag while traveling can be a bit risky as it all might fall out.
- In its natural form, elderberry has a higher percentage of fiber. If your consumption is not monitored, it can lead to an upset stomach.
If you are not a syrup person, you can go for gummies. However, here are some pros and cons associated with it to help you decide:
- It is easy to consume. It is not like those hard-to-swallow pills. It has a very fun texture that makes it easy to chew. Developing a consumption habit like this is rather easier.
- All ages can eat these easily, especially kids. Usually, it is difficult for the kids to take supplements but when they are in the form of tasty gummies, who can really avoid them, right? Well if you want your children to start a habit of consuming elderberry, gummies will be the best way to do so.
- They are easier to carry around. There’s no risk of liquid spilling in the bag. So while traveling you can carry the gummies more conveniently. So, when you can’t keep a bottle of liquid along with you everywhere, you can definitely keep your favorite gummies.
- Being in a candy form, some brands might add a very high content of sugar. So to monitor, you need to thoroughly check before consumption whether the sugar content is too high or not.
- Again it comes to the brand you are using. Some brands might not keep it great natural and in this way, the elderberry content in the gummies might be less. Instead, you might be getting other ingredients more in contrast.
- Sometimes these gummies are not easy to find. They might not be available easily everywhere. They might be a bit expensive in contrast to the liquid or natural form.
- You can only buy this from a trusted source and can’t be made at home
Make Your Choice!
Now that you know how both of these forms differ and how you can benefit from each, you can make a better decision. Based on your preferences and ability to consume, choose the form that will help you form a consistent habit of taking elderberries because it will really help to boost your immune system throughout your life.